May 12, 2009 That's Hot
The “three amigos”… who goes to the finals?
- Episode 300 tonight. Didn’t realize they’d done so many…
- First up, the judges’ choices:
- Danny Gokey – “Dance Little Sister” (Paula’s choice) – I don’t know this song, but it seems pretty snappy. Trading pairs with the saxophone was pretty cool, too. Not a bad start.
- Okay, now I want to see what was going on with Simon and Paula.
- Kris Allen – “Apologize” (Kara and Randy’s choice) – Also a strong showing, with lots of vocal range. I agree with Kara that it doesn’t stretch away from the original all that much, and while Simon does have a little bit of a point, I didn’t think the judges had that much input on the arrangement…
- More molestation of judges, by judges
- Adam Lambert – “One” (Simon’s choice) – Damn. Totally invested in the song, sold it completely. The difference in the original compared to Kris’s song was very apparent. Nice work.
- Brief update from Carrie Underwood on the usage of last year’s Idol Gives Back fundraising.
- …and then, the contestants’ choices:
- Danny Gokey – “You Are So Beautiful” – Simply done, while still stretching away from the original, with an extra couple lines in the middle (any idea where they come from?). Excellent work!
- Kris Allen – “Heartless” – Good work on this song, though I don’t know it outside of the show. Never would have thought that was a Kanye West song…
- Adam Lambert – “Crying” – Like he says when he starts, the song already has a big range coming from Steven Tyler; he doesn’t need to add anything to it. It’d be a shock if he wasn’t the winner this season.
I voted for: Since voting for all of them just cancels out the votes, I’m not sending in any. All three did great jobs this week.
Going home: Kris
The top three visit their hometowns, and the final two are revealed… tomorrow night.